Hiring a Philippines Private Investigator
If you are hiring Philippines private investigator, it is a good idea to check their background and location, for there are many scams in the Philippines! Many Philippines PI companies base in the United States, not in the Philippines or even Southeast Asia. The first step should be to make sure it’s possible to speak with someone that is actually in the Philippines! While these foreign private detective Philippines may provide good service in their home countries, there is a major disadvantage to doing “long-distance” or “internet” investigations. These companies must normally subcontract their services. Without local agents or staff, it is difficult to control the quality and timeliness of their work. In addition, Filipino culture, customs, and laws are very different from other countries. The service costs outside the Philippines are also much higher. Why pay extra for a middleman?
Don’t be misled by big companies, fancy names, or bogus claims and trademarks! Make sure you can speak to someone that is actually located in the Philippines. Check customer references and samples of their work before you start. Zele Investigators Philippines recommend the following:
Hiring Philippines Private Investigator Checklist
Only deal with companies actually located in the Philippines. Don’t hire someone whose office is in the US, you’ll only be paying extra for a middleman that cannot control the quality of their subcontractor’s work. Why pay extra for a middleman?
- Be especially wary of any companies from Florida or Nevada. According to Consumer Fraud Reporting (www.consumerfraudreporting.org), Florida has one of the highest consumer fraud rates in the US! Some PI companies from Florida fraudulently claim to have trademarks on their name, often known for their scams in the Philippines.
- Verify company information such as the address and phone number. Some Philippines private investigators claim to have offices in the Philippines, but really don’t. For example, www.privateinvestigatorsphilippines.com does not have an office at Asiatrust Bank Building 1424 Quezon Ave. If they dont have a phone number in the Philippines, that is also trouble.
- Ask for and check customer references before hiring a Philippines private investigator. For Zele Investigators Philippines, you can see all our customer reviews on our Testimonials page or here.
- Check if they can provide redacted samples of their work. If they cannot, then they probably don’t have anything or are afraid to show you what they can do.
- Make sure they can communicate properly in English, Filipino and other native dialects such as Tagalog.
- Don’t deal with companies that only accept bank transfers or Western Union. Make sure they provide standard universally accepted payment methods that provide consumer protection such as PayPal, Xoom, MoneyGram or credit card.
- Make sure your information is confidential and secure. Check to see that their websites have proper security and privacy technology.