Birth signifies life and existence, and a birth certificate is the legal and documented proof of that. Do you need an authentic birth certificate from the Philippines, but are halfway around the globe and lack information or right person to help? You may need this for passport, legal matter or to establish one’s identity – in search of biological parents, to prove an alleged child born outside marriage or to reveal if your online Filipina girlfriend really exists, worry no more because Zele Investigators Philippines can help and deliver a Philippines birth certificate at your global doorstep as well.
In the Philippines as in most countries, the local registrar manage records of births and issue a birth certificate shortly after delivery, after the mother's physician files the required forms to the appropriate government agency. The official birth certificate is stored at the local registrar while records are archived at the National Statistics Office also known as the NSO.
The following information must be provided to expedite the verification and issuance o birth certification from the NSO:
- Name of the person
- Name of the father and mother (maiden name for the mother)
- Date of birth
- Place of birth (city/municipality, province)
- Whether or not registered late. (If registered late, please state the year when it was registered.
- Name and address of the requesting party
- Relationship to the child
- Number of copies needed
- Purpose of the certification
You can get a copy of a birth certificate directly from the NSO, and processing requests for locals and foreigners can take anywhere from 5 days to 8 weeks depending on the type of request and whether you are getting it yourself or having it delivered.
Note, that pursuant to Article 7 - Nondisclosure of Birth Records, the records of a person's birth shall be kept strictly confidential and no information relating thereto shall be issued except on the request of any of the following:
- The person himself, or any person authorized by him.
- Their spouse, parent or parents, direct descendants, or the guardian or institution legally in charge, if they are a minor.
- The court or proper public official whenever absolutely necessary in administrative, judicial or other official proceedings to determine the identity of the child's parents or other circumstances surrounding his birth.
- In case of the person's death, the nearest of kin.
Zele Investigators Philippines offer discreet private investigative and detective services at affordable local rates. Our team of highly experienced and trained local and expat agents cover all of the Philippines and work with local police, NSO, embassies, as well as other government agencies.
For more on how to get a Philippines birth certificate, contact us at or info-ab@Philippines-PI.com.